Removing a logo from a T-shirt is not as difficult as one might think. There are many methods that can be used to remove a logo from a T-shirt, and the most effective method will depend on the type of logo that needs to be removed. We’ve discussed the different types of printings used to print logos on a t-shirt, and how to remove them with different methods.
- 1 Printed Logos
- 2 Screen Printing
- 3 DTG(Direct To Garment) printing
- 4 Removing printed logos
- 5 Removing Logos with pressing iron
- 6 Removing logos from t-shirt Using Nail Polish Removal
- 7 Removing logos from t-shirt Using Plastisol Remover
- 8 Embroidered Logos
- 9 Removing Embroidered Logos
- 10 Helping tools
- 11 A Tweezer
- 12 A Lint Brush
- 13 A Magnifying Glass
- 14 Conclusion
There are different types of printing techniques used for printing logos on a tshirt which includes:
- For screen printing, you have to create a negative of your design that you want to print.
- Place this on your t-shirt and roll the plastisol ink over the screen.
- The ink will be forced through the negative-space stencil and it will create an image of your design onto the t-shirt.
- Screen printing is the oldest and most widely used method for t-shirt printing.
DTG(Direct To Garment) printing
In this technique a special printer is used to print a thin layer of ink onto the fabric. This allows you to create any design on the t-shirt that you can print on paper. You can create any photos, graphics, or any other design with multiple colors.
There are many other printing methods such as vinyl printing, Stencilling, Heat Press Printing etc.
Removing printed logos
Removing Logos with pressing iron
- Place your shirt on a flat surface like an iron table.
- Place the logo or the print part of the shirt on a small cloth.
- Place a wet towel or a cloth on top of the design you want to remove.
- Now put a hot iron on the logo and press it for around 30 seconds (keep the iron moving).
- Remove the iron.
- Use a toothbrush, a dull knife, or your nails to peel off the logo.
- Keep scraping the logo off until it is gone completely.
- Get solvents like plastisol remover or nail polish remover.
- Soak the shirt area of the design to remove the remains.
- Wash the shirt normally and dry it.
Removing logos from t-shirt Using Nail Polish Removal
First test the nail polish remover on any other fabric before trying it on your shirt.
- First gently wash your shirt with cold water as it weakens the ink, making it easy to remove the logo.
- Now dry the shirt with a hair dryer. Set the hair dryer to its maximum and dry the t-shirt as the heat will make the logo loose.
- Peel off the logo using a tweezer, your hand or a dull knife. Be careful when using sharp equipment as it can damage your shirt.
- Take a piece of cotton cloth, dip it into the nail polish remover and apply it on the logo to remove residue and remaining ink.
- Wash the shirt and let it dry.
Removing logos from t-shirt Using Plastisol Remover
This method can be used on any fabric but it needs to be used while wearing hand gloves.
- Get some plastisol remover, apply around the logo and wait for 30 minutes.
- Take a soft brush and start wiping the logo gently.
- Now use a cloth to remove the plastisol remover and use a heavy-duty detergent to wash your shirt.
These types of logos and designs are embroidered onto the fabric using embroidery machines. These can also be removed. Following are the few tools using which you can remove any embroidery design from your t-shirt, hoodie, or any other clothes.
Removing Embroidered Logos
Removing embroidered logos using a Seam Ripper
If you are into embroidery for sometime, then you must probably be familiar with this small tool. You can use a seam ripper to remove embroidered designs from your clothes. First you need to turn your shirt inside out and start ripping the bobbin thread gently.
It will loosen the front thread and you can pull these threads out easily with your hand or a tweezer. Removing embroidered logos using an Embroidery Eraser
An embroidery eraser is a similar device to a beard trimmer and it requires power to work. Though it is similar to a beard trimmer, don’t use a beard trimmer for this purpose because it can damage your shirt as it is made for a completely different purpose.
Turn your shirt inside out and start on the back first. Turn on the embroidery eraser and apply it on the bobbin thread. It will cut off the thread and make the front thread loose so that it can easily be removed by hand.
A tweezer is a small essential tool in almost every house.
You can use a tweezer to pull out small stitches very easily that cannot be reached with your hand.
A Lint Brush
A lint brush is another very handy tool to remove embroidery residue from the fabric. It is a budget friendly tool that you can roll over the fabric to pick up the lint and remains of the embroidery design that you removed. It is a helpful tool for giving a finishing touch.
A Magnifying Glass
Removing embroidered designs can be a very tedious task and can put too much stress on your eyes. A magnifying glass is a very helpful tool that you can use while removing embroidery designs. It will help you to achieve your task very precisely without damaging your shirt.
In conclusion, there are a few ways to remove a logo from a t-shirt. The most common way is to use heat, but there are also ways to use chemicals or to simply tear the shirt apart. Whichever method you choose, be sure to take your time and be careful not to damage the shirt any further. And always remember to test any methods on a small, inconspicuous area of the shirt first.
The best way to remove a logo will depend on the type of material the shirt is made out of and the size and complexity of the logo.