It is always great to have the flexibility of adding new designs to your embroidery machine easily. If you have designs saved on your computer that you would like to transfer to an embroidery machine, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure that the file is in a format that the embroidery machine can understand. A vector design, for example, can usually be embroidered on most embroidery machines. Second, make sure that the embroidery machine is set up to sew through multiple layers of fabric.
First you need to download your embroidery designs from the internet and save them to your computer. Here are some good websites to download from:
Note that there are different file formats for different brands. Choose the format that matches your machine. Here is the list of file formats for different machines:
|Machine Manufacturer||File Format|
|Babylock, Brother, Deco||PEC|
|Babylock, Brother, Deco||PES|
|Poem, Huskygram, Singer||CSD|
|Time and Space MJD||MJD|
Now there are two methods of transferring designs from your computer to your embroidery machine.
- Plug the USB into the computer(make sure it has enough free space).
- Go to the path where you’ve downloaded the designs.
- Right click on the design that you wish to transfer.
- From the menu, hover your mouse pointer over the “send to” option and click on your USB drive.
- Once the design is transferred to the USB, Plug the USB out of the computer.
- Plug-in the USB into one of the USB ports available on your embroidery machine.
- From the screen, select the usb option(it will bring designs that are on your USB).
- Select the design from the available list.
- Click on the Machine icon with pocket Pocket to save the design in machine memory(please check your machine’s memory size before copying the design).
- And you are ready to stitch the design.
2- Using Cable:
- Turn off your machine’s power.
- Plug the USB-end of the cable into your computer.
- Plug the square-end into your machine’s corresponding port.
- Turn on the power button on the machine.
- On your computer, the machine will be shown as an external device (like USB or other storage devices).
- Go to the folder on your computer where you have saved the designs that you want to transfer to the embroidery machine.
- Right click on the design that you want to transfer.
- From the menu hover over the “send to” option and select your machine from the list.
- On your machine, click the computer icon with the data symbol.
- It will show you all the designs that you sent from the computer.
- Select the design from the list that you want.
In conclusion, transferring your design from the computer to the embroidery machine is a relatively simple process. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can have your design ready to stitch out in no time. It also gives you the flexibility of embroidering designs that are made by other professional designers. So get creative and start embroidering!